Mary Jo by Doris Moyers Hornbogen ~ SOLD OUT
Mary Jo by Doris Moyers Hornbogen
THIS KIT IS SOLD OUT
MaryJo is a toddler reborn vinyl reborn doll kit with Down Syndrome sculpted by Doris Moyers Hornbogen. MaryJo will measure approximately twenty-one inches when complete and has full arms and legs. Mary Jo will include a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by Doris Meyers Hornbogan.
This toddler baby is sculpted to represent a toddler with down syndrome. "Down syndrome (sometimes called Down’s syndrome) is a condition in which a child is born with an extra copy of their 21st chromosome — hence its other name, trisomy 21. This causes physical and mental developmental delays and disabilities" (healthline.com)
MaryJo has the typically present characteristic of these children with the extra chromosome:
- A flattened face, especially the bridge of the nose
- Small head and ears
- Almond-shaped eyes that slant up.
- Atypically shaped ears
- A short neck
- Small ears
- A tongue that tends to stick out of the mouth.
- Tiny white spots on the iris (colored part) of the eye
- A single line across the palm of the hand (palmar crease)
- Small pinky fingers that sometimes curve toward the thumb
- Poor muscle tone or loose joints
- Shorter in height and stunted growth as children and adults
We have left these images up for your viewing pleasure and for reference purposes.
PLEASE NOTE that this item has been sold out and cannot be purchased. If you add this to your shopping cart it will be deleted as it is not in stock.
Photos of completed dolls shown here by various artists are included to show the different artistic interpretations to help you visualize what the doll kit can look like when it’s finished.
Images with permission from:
Details of the kit are as Follow:
- Full Price: $109.99
- Size: 21 "
- Head Circ: "
- Arms: Full
- Legs: Full
- Eye Size: 22mm
- Cloth Body: Can be added
- Edition: TBD
- Vinyl: Soft Neutral
- Status: SOLD OUT