Terms of Service
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ALL SHOPPERS
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
MacPherson Arts & Crafts guarantees our products 100%. All products that leaves our warehouse, are inspected and well packed, but human errors can sometimes occur. Should any of the following apply to your order, we will gladly exchange it, replace it, refund it or apply a store credit for it:
- Product differs significantly with what was advertised on our website.
- Are faulty or defective - factory faults and defects that were not noticed during inspection.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Guarantee does NOT include any defects, bubbles or melting of vinyl kits that have been heated. ALL HEATED vinyl kits are excluded due to the fact that the kits are not manufactured to be baked.. Air Dry Paints is your safest ways of reborning. Please see our section on THE HEATING OF VINYL DOLL KITS AND DOLL PARTS.
- You must contact us within 7 days so that we can arrange the necessary replacement or credit with you.
We hope you are satisfied with the products you purchase from MacPherson Arts & Crafts. Should you need to return any products due to it not meeting our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee:
- Please do not return goods without authorization. Contact our HELP DESK to request an authorization to return a product. We will then supply you with instructions.
- Authorized returns must be received within 14-21 days of notifying us, in a clean, unused condition. Once we inspect the product and we confirm the defect or significant difference, we will make the necessary arrangement with you with regards to your credit.
- Should you have buyer's remorse, items can be returned at a restocking fee of $15.00 per doll kit and 25% for any other products. Shipping fees will NOT be refundable and return shipping will be for your account and not covered by us. Any import fees and taxes back to us, will also be for your account. Follow Step 1. and 2. above with regards to a return.
The Heating of Vinyl Doll Kits and Doll Parts
PLEASE NOTE that there are NO vinyl doll kits that are specifically made for heating in an oven. This was a method tried by reborn artists and therefore MacPherson Arts & Crafts will not accept any responsibility for any deformed, melted, bubbles or burnt doll parts. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you hereby agree that you will be baking all vinyl doll kits and parts at your own discretion and at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any refunds - partial or in full - for any damaged kits. We would also like to note that the fumes from heating any vinyl doll kits and parts could be dangerous, toxic and may have potential health risks. Using Air Dry Paints that are non-toxic is your safest method of reborning.
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our customers. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is ONLY used to fulfill these requests, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
We take the privacy of our clients seriously and will:
- NEVER freely supply our customers confidential and contact details to any third party
- NEVER sell our customers confidential and contact details to other company or person
- NEVER publicly display our customers confidential details in any form, whether in print or virtually.
Your information will be used for:
- Contacting you via email or phone with regards to any order you have placed with us, any question or specific information you requested from us.
- Creating your shipping label upon which we will supply your information to the shipping companies that we are working with, nl. UPS and Canada Post.
- The Payment Gateway you choose, will access your personal information to process your payment, nl. Authorize.net (Chase Paymentech) and PayPal.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Our mailing list subscription are managed by AWeber Communications and conforms to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2004. All persons who want to subscribe to our mailing list, will have to complete the online form and then have to complete our double OPT-IN procedure in order to be added to our mailing list. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to manage your current subcription or opt out of any further mailings whenever you want to.
The security of our clients are very important to use and therefore all sensitive financial information are securely handled by our payment processors, Authorize.net and Paypal. You can read more about these payment gateways in the following section.
- Please note that the Pre-Order Deposit of $20 on Pre-Order Kits are NON-REFUNDABLE. We accept your deposit in good faith that you will honor your agreement to pay the balance when the kit becomes available and in return we pay the manufacturer or sculptor in full upfront. By not honoring your commitment to pay for your kit you ordered. we incur the expense of paying for the kit IN FULL upfront, as well as the Non-Refundable PayPal Fees, and then also having to restock it and put it back up for sale, with the hopes that another customer will buy it.
- All unpaid Pre-Order Products will be offered to customers on our waiting list, if not paid in full within 2 weeks of receiving our invoice for the balance due, except if PRIOR arrangements were made with us to keep it for you until a certain date.
- The final payment will be expected to be paid off by the due date that we specify on the final invoice that we send to you. Failure to pay this balance off by the due date or lack of communication to extend the payment date will result in your product being unpacked and will be offered to a customer on our waiting list.
- Please only put the pre-order item on your order as we will ship all items on the pre-order invoice at the same time.
UPDATE: Due to circumstances of supply shortage with the backlash from the pandemic we will not require any payments on kits that have been delayed until they arrive. In fairness to all concerned we also ask that you not ask for refunds on these kits.....they have been delayed without our prior knowledge and if you decide to cancel, it can cause a lot of problems with our order numbers having already been handed in. Please be kind and bear with us!!
- Lay Away invoices are sent within 24 (business) hours of purchase. The first payment is due no later than 48 hours of you receiving the invoice. Failure to pay within the 48 hours will result in the cancellation of your order. Your products are not set aside for you until after the first payment has been received.
- Lay Aways are subject to a NON-REFUNDABLE $20.00 restocking fee. Mandatory payments are due every 30 days. Total number of payments, including your deposit, is 3 installments.
- Lay Aways which are delinquent in payments by more than 7-days may be cancelled and merchandise will be added back to our stock. Should you experience problems in making your payment within the given period, please contact our Lay Away Department by contacting us via our HELPDESK .
- All lay Aways must be paid in full by the due date on the third/last invoice. Once your Lay Away is paid in full, you will be contacted to arrange for the payment of your shipping fees, if applicable.
- By providing customer information and telephone number or e-mail address to MacPherson Arts & Crafts and their employees, you expressly agree that we may use those methods to contact you concerning your layaway purchase.
- You hereby agree that our collection department may contact you at any time via email, phone or by mail to follow up on any unpaid installments and arrears.
- Unless full payment is made according to this agreement, merchandise remains the property of MacPherson Arts & Crafts.
- By electronically accepting these terms, you are hereby bound by our terms of Lay Away.
Gift Card Winners & Gift Card Give-Aways:
- Gift Cards given by us cannot be used for any special offer.
- Only 1 Gift Card or Coupon can be use per order.
- We pack your order and it is measured and weighed at that point a shipping estimate is created for your order.
- It is then invoiced with both the product and shipping fees at once.
- Both payments are due within 48 hours of receiving the invoice.
- Failure to pay the balance in a timely manner will void your order and the order will be cancelled and unpacked and put back into our stock count.
- Once the balance is paid in full we will ship your order right off to you.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT SHIP TO CHINA.
All the doll kits that have sold out and we will not be getting anymore in stock of will now have the option of adding yourself to the "Wait List". If a doll kit you are interested in does not yet have the Wait List available please bear with us while we are cleaning up paperwork and getting a better idea of our remaining doll kits. Once we have a better idea of which kits can be added to the Waiting List, we will add them. To add yourself to the Wait List for a specific kit, you need to do the following:
- Search the doll kit your are looking for and go to their page. I they are available for the Waiting List, you will see this on their page
- With the new store policies with regards to paying off for Pre-Orders and Lay-Aways, some sold out kits may become available again to purchase
- All delinquent Pre-Orders and Lay-Aways, will be placed back in Stock and we will at this stage, reach out to you if your name is on our waiting list. You will then have the option to buy one of these kits.
- You will be required to make a full payment within 48 hours of the kit invoice being sent to you. Failure to do so will void that offer and it will then be offered to the next customer in line for the kit on the wait list.
Please note that our shopping cart operates in US Dollars and all prices have been adjusted according to market value of our products. Any amount drawn from your Credit Card or Paypal, will be in your own currency and will be equal to the US Dollar amount when converted. Conversion fees are not taken against your payment method, but against our account.
We accept the following SECURE Payment Methods:
You can shop at MacPherson Arts & Crafts with confidence.
We have partnered with Stripe to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers.
We recommend that you test products prior to using them on a project. The product information provided in the MacPherson Arts & Crafts web site is providing a basis for understanding the potential uses of the products. We cannot be sure the products will be right for you due to the numerous variables in methods, materials and conditions of producing art. We provide no warranty, and we will not be liable for any damages (indirect, consequential, or otherwise) that may occur as a result of a product application.
Please make sure that you read all labels carefully as some products may pose a potential risk.
Notice to Our Canadian Customers
While MacPherson Arts & Crafts is a Canadian based company the majority of our business has been international for the past ten + years we offered all purchases on our website in USD only.
That plus the fact that our e-commerce gateway requires the use of a single currency, the US dollar was the logical choice. The high exchange rates created a disadvantage to our Canadian customers so we will continue to offer free shipping on all orders OVER $130USD
We have been paying all Federal and Provincial sales taxes on behalf of all Canadian purchases for well over 10 years now … however due to rising costs on shipping to and from and product prices increasing across the board, we are unable to continue the extra cost on our bottom line.
This is the bad news…however the good news is we have arranged to give you a choice at the point of check out to pay us in CAD or USD. You can choose which way is easiest for you. Taxes will be charged accordingly to your province, but you can make the choice.
We will begin this as of February 1st, 2023
I hope this helps to explain our decision to sell in US dollars and if you have any more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us via our Help Desk HERE
Thank you very much for your understanding and please know that your business does mean the world to us!! We truly value each and every one of you!
MacPherson Arts & Crafts
91 Queen Street East
PO Box 1810
Ontario CANADA N4X 1C2
Toll Free: 1-800-2386663 FREE