MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
A friend told me about a group online, it started with Middleton dolls and then moved onto sculpted, ooaks in the beginning.
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or did you start off with something else?
I have done a little sculpting but nothing much.
6. How long have you been sculpting?
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
I started with super sculpey, then to prosculpt, cernit and back to super sculpey
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
Real babies, photos and seeing other artists work.
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
No, I don’t sculpt full time anymore, I also like to paint
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~ portrait orders too?
I only sculpt for silicones at the moment.
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
I did one for Ashton Drake in the early 2000’s her name was Sarah
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
I have no idea
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
No, I have no names or pictures, sorry
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
I don’t think I had a favorite
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
No, I won’t be doing any more vinyl kits but will do silicone for awhile.
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites you and what upsets you?
I get excited to see how wonderful the artists are but at the same time the competition and fakes really upset me and I don’t know what it will do to the doll world.
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning over the past 10 years? The progression is amazing, dolls are more and more amazing and lifelike.
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do you think its just a fad that will blow over?
If the turmoil within doesn’t stop it has no chance for long term. In this world, it will be hard for collectors to afford to collect and I think it will dwindle a lot
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
I hope everyone does well. I don’t really have plans, it’s day by day with me.
20. Do you have something new in the works?
I’m continuing to sculpt but not nearly as much.