Teresa De Castro
Interview by MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I am Spanish and live Tarragona(Barcelona).
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
I´ve always liked it.
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
they proposed to make them.
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or did you start off with something else?
I started making relistic bronce sculptures.
6. How long have you been sculpting?
Since 1998,babies since april 2018.
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
Hard mud or pastelina.
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
I am inspired by the most noble and helpless children.
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~ portrait orders too?
I produce kits and have made a portrait.
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
It came out last year
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
8 then theres 2 are in process and 3 replicas but only heads.
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
i can only give the names of four from Germany,Carlotta,Valeria,Carla,Vera.
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites you and what upsets you?
l´m excited that people are happy with reborn babies,It bothers me that so litte is paid for a creation that is still a work of art.
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning over the past 10 years?
A great progression of realism has been made.
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do you think its just a fad that will blow over?
I think it´s temporary .
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
go on, never leave the sculpture.
20. Do you have something new in the works?