MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I am From Sacramento California and I live in Gardnerville Nevada
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
I have always been interested in dolls as long as I can remember
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
I started sculpting 37 years ago when my youngest was 3 years old
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
My first encounter of reborn dolls was back in 2003 when I was asked if I saw my doll on EBay ? it was mine doll I sculpted for a company that a reborn artist remade into a reborn doll that was before kits
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or
did you start off with something else?
Started with making bears before I sculpted
6. How long have you been sculpting?
I have been sculpting for over 37 years.
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
I sculpt with Living Doll A Polymer clay
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
I get my inspiration from my grandchildren and from Pictures of babies
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
I do sculpt full time sculpting babies and BJD dolls Hobbies no O don’t have any other
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~
portrait orders too?
I have done portrait sculpts and Ball Jointed Dolls
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
I am the inventor of the kits The very first was sculpted in 2004 and released in 2005 that kit was named Pork Chop and cute chubby baby
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
I cannot say how many kits I have produced I have done a lot for Bountiful Baby as well as my own
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have
produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
Sorry I don’t have a list too many to remember
14. Which baby of yours has been your all-time favorite and why?
I loved my very first one ( Pork Chop ) because it started a whole new industry with artist following my lead
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
Yes sculpting is my passion
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites
you and what upsets you?
How I feel about the reborn industry is how I felt about is back in 2004 when I supported the reborn artist from the begging that I felt their art was great .
What excites me is all the new paints and how the babies look more and more real .. what upsets me is what has with all art form we need to stick together and help out others
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning
over the past 10 years?
Oh My that art form of reborn is just always evolving
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do
you think its just a fad that will blow over?
I do think it does have a future that has been asked over and over again and it just keep growing
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
My Plans are to work on mew project and never quit
20. Do you have something new in the works?
I am always working on something new my brain will not shut off