MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I’m from France and still live there.
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
Not really. I was interested by sciences and art as a kid and still is. I’ve always loved hyper realism, and to study the reality. The world and the people are very strange to me, I’m still stunned like a 5yrs old at my age!
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
I’ve always been an artist. I started to sculpt wood and stone as a kid.
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or did you start off with something else?
My very first attempt was a small elephant in stone.
6. How long have you been sculpting?
Since three decades.
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
Plastiline and polymer clay.
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
I really love anatomy and kinda register was I touch with my hands.
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
Exploration is my second hobby, getting lost and discover abandoned places.
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~ portrait orders too?
My first sculpt for a kit production is a portrait ordered. A second and awake version of this baby im currently working on , it’s also an order.
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
I love them all as there all different !
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
Absolutely and I planned to make full silicones too.
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites you and what upsets you?
Sculpts being stolen and illegally reproduced are just unacceptable. This is a real problem we need to solve once for all.
Customers need to be educated and stop buying counterfeits, reborn artists need to work on genuine kits only.
That’s a lot of work to sculpt a baby, way more difficult than painting it. And without sculptors art work and dedication in this industry is down.
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning over the past 10 years?
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do you think its just a fad that will blow over?
Yes absolutely. Dolls have always been important to humans, they mean something important to children but also adults. Maybe animatronic dolls will take the poll.
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
I plan to live on a small and beautiful French island near US, with my cat. I love this place and want to spend the rest of my life right there, sculpting, listening to the waves and feel all those amazing colors forever. This is where I’m really alive.
20. Do you have something new in the works?