Jannie de Lange
MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I am from The Netherlands and live in a small village
in the Country near Germany
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
Yes ! But in my Youth-time my Parents couln,t buy dolls for us,
So I made paperdolls.
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
The Year 1994
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
10 Years ago
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or did you start off with something else?
I started with Porcelain dolls.
6. How long have you been sculpting?
25 Years end 2019 !!~
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
My kids and Grandchilds
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
More Hobbies: Volunteer in the Hospital-Baby-sit-Gardening-Cycling- Photography and walking in the Nature.
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~ portrait orders too?
Sculpting for kit production and for the Companies Ashton Drake and Paradise Galleries. No Custom-Portrait orders.
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
The kit Isabel (Look-a-like my Granddaughter Isa)at Nicky Creation
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
WOW….many the past 10 Years, I can’t count them anymore.
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
I remember them not all but: Isabel,Dani,First_Smile,Louisa,Merle,Mira_Jo,Andres,Aspen,Avery,Beau,Chenoa,Eva,
Tristan,Julia,Mei_lin,Luscinia and more
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
Chenoa you can make different Europa-Asian etc faces
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
Yes !!!! I have a lot of new Faces in my mind.
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites you and what upsets you?
It’s a Great World ! I am always so excited how the Reborn Artists bring the kits to live. I am upset about someones copy the kits so bad and bad vinyl. I don’t like if Reborn Artists using other Limbs from different Artists. The Dolls are made with Head and Limbs by Artists,that’s the original kit.
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning over the past 10 years?
The Reborn-Artists were going better and better the past 10 Years , the progression is great,so also the sculpting Artists, I am following everything about the reborning and sculpting Artists.
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do you think its just a fad that will blow over?
No this industry are not blowing over I see everytime and everwhere new Reborn/Sculpting Artists are coming up again.
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
I hope to make/sculpting a lot of new Faces/Dolls and the Doll World will stay standing up.
Also I hope Brenda and I can working together on a lot of new kits. They are Great to work with.
20. Do you have something new in the works?
Yes a Sleeper (about 20 inches) and a Happy Toddler (about 26 inches)