Alejandra de Zuniga
MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I am from Mexico, live in Mexico
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
Since 1998 I started sculpting bronze
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or did you start off with something else?
I started sculpting dolls since 2012
6. How long have you been sculpting?
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
My grandchildren, internet babies
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
I sculpt full time
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~ portrait orders too?
Kits and orders too
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
My first baby was in 2012 the name Melissa, my first vinyl kit was in 2017
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
Only made Meli vinyl kits , soon will be make Krystal vinyl kits
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
Meli close eyes, ileny open eyes and Krystal, people say are the best
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites you and what upsets you?
I love to see my babies into vinyl prototypes reborned by the very talented artists
The upset part is the Brazilian people copy my kits
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning over the past 10 years?
Is amazing how the artists do more and more realistic babies
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do you think its just a fad that will blow over?
I think this industry has a long term future
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
I planed continue to make babies, I love it , at the same time I am making sculptures in bronze
20. Do you have something new in the works?
Yes i have 3 new babies, one will be vinyl kit “Krystal