1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I'm from France and still live here.
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
no, as a child I have never been interested in any doll. It was once i became an adult that I became interested in the collection. Regarding the reborn doll, it was at the birth of my daughter that I really wanted to discover this universe.
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
I have always been interested in sculpture, modeling and all forms of art. I started like everyone in kindergarten with some salt dough! It happened to me occasionally to manipulate the clay, no more ... I never really had the idea to exploit this area, despite a certain ease.
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
I never had the opportunity to have reborn from another artist before I decided to do it myself.
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or did you start off with something else?
i actually started carving seriously since the idea of pierced in the middle of the reborning.
6. How long have you been sculpting?
I have been sculpting for only a few months.
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
I use super sculpey
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
fantasy, animals, fantasy, hybrid, fairy, or monstrous babies.
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
I sculpt by passion like my other activities. I draw portraits, I paint, I play the diatonic accordion, the hurdy-gurdy, I create all things, and of course the reborning.
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~ portrait orders too?
being giving that I do not consider myself a professional sculptor, being given that I work as an autodidact, with a huge lack of self-confidence, no, I'm only doing things that inspires me to create, and that I hope to see out in vinyl kit.
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
my first kit was released for pre-order in June, it is a hybrid human baby crossed with a fawn, Sylvan.
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
Just Sylvan, for the moment.
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
I do not have any favorites ... I like the very very expressive baby and mainly the puffy face of baby born, babies who cry too.
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
yes of course! Right now I am working on a baby hedgehog humanize who will bear the name of Hans.
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites you and what upsets you?
I am unfortunately not a fan of the collector community and I find that a lot of bad artist dirty this art. This is unfortunate of course since you have to start a day to progress.
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning over the past 10 years?
I am really happy with the expansion of the offer on alternative kits which is evolving very well thanks to some sculptors in particular and the range of the choice of kits of all kinds thanks to the diversity of the sculptors.
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do you think its just a fad that will blow over?
No, the reborning is not a fashion, it can only develop.
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
I hope that my sculptures can mark the spirits ... I have many ideas of achievements, new things, innovation ...
20. Do you have something new in the works?
At the moment I am working on what should become a future reborning kit, Hans the hedgehog.