MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I was born and raised in Michigan
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
I have been interested in Doll all my life
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
I first started sculpting in High School, first time i touched Modeling Clay I knew.
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
Met joy Joco at a Doll show and she was a reborner and wanted me to work with her
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or
did you start off with something else?
Helped my Mom in her Porcelain Doll business but was not impressed by the antique repros wanted more realism
6. How long have you been sculpting?
I have been sculpting since I was 18 years olds. I am now 70 years young
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
life motovates me to create!
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
I sculpt most of the time when I am not sewing or playing with my Dog
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~
portrait orders too?
Now I just sculpt for me.
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
My first was Adam in 2006
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
6 for vinyl
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have
produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
Adam LaGrande Mylene Maggie and Mary and Babbette.
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
Adam in Vinyl is my fav.
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
I will when they are wanted yes
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites
you and what upsets you?
Love seeing all the wonderful Artist bring a blank baby to life. Don't like the cheaters that steal other work!!
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning
over the past 10 years?
It has really grown and thrived
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do
you think its just a fad that will blow over?
It has a long future as long as there are little girls and boys there will always be Dolls
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
Just to keep working at a job I love for as long as I can
20. Do you have something new in the works?
My Fantasy creations!!!!