MacPherson Arts & Crafts
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I’m from Armidale NSW, Australia...I’m now living in a small coastal area at Kingscliff New South Wales, which situated up near the Gold Coast in Queensland
2. Have you always been interested in dolls?
Yes I’ve always been interested in dolls
I still have the first doll given to me when I was four years old.
Always interested but not a collector.
3. When did you first become interested in sculpting?
I first became interested in sculpting about 10 years ago now... when I joined an online doll forum.
I entered as sculpting competition on there
4. How did you first encounter reborn dolls?
My sister turned up on my doorstep holding what I thought was a baby (It was an Ariella sculpt by Reva & I fell in love)
5. Have you sculpted dolls from the time you started sculpting, or
did you start off with something else?
I only started sculpting from the first competition I went into
6. How long have you been sculpting?
Approximately 10 years ago
7. What medium do you use to sculpt your babies with?
I use polymer clay
8. What inspires & motivates you to sculpt?
The challenge to make my own little face...
9. Do you sculpt full time & do you have other hobbies?
No I don’t sculpt full time...& I’m far from perfection
10. Do you only sculpt for kit production or do you do custom ~
portrait orders too?
Only sculpt for kit production
11. When did your first kit come out and what was the baby's name?
Was approximately 2008...kit name was Burnise ( as Is burnt her in the baking process... but managed to save her!)
12. How many kits have you produced to date?
Have only produced 800 kits ( over 4 sculpts)
13. Do you have a list of names of all of your kits you have
produced as we would love to have an archive directory for your sculpts?
My kits names are:
14. Which baby of yours has been your all time favorite and why?
I loved the face on Sweetie...however probably Lollipop, as I had improved in my sculpting
15. Do you plan to continue sculpting babies for kits?
No, I no longer sculpt, but enjoyed it when I did
I am thinking of sculpting my little grand babies instead
16. How do you feel about the reborn doll industry? What excites
you and what upsets you?
I love the reborn doll industry! I also love the fact that silicon reborn‘s have become very popular.
What I don’t like, is cheap copies of artist dolls used to sell cheaply on eBay (usually from China or other sources)
I also found the industry to be quite “clicky”
17. How do you feel about the progression of the art of reborning
over the past 10 years?
I think the industry has come along way, providing more and more realistic life like babies with the use of silicon
18. Do you think that this industry has a long term future or do
you think its just a fad that will blow over?
I definitely think it’s a long-term industry, because most people love little babies! I think it’s the mother instinct in us that gets fed
19.What are your plans and hopes for the future?
My plans and hopes for the future, is To lead a happy and stressful life... doing & making things that I enjoy!
20. Do you have something new in the works?
No! Nothing new in the works at this point in time